GUATEMALA GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL MISSION

GUATEMALA GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL MISSION

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Witnessed First Baptism





Well this week was good! I had the opportunity to witness two people be baptized in the Gospel! What a great experience that was! I love it! They really enjoyed it. One of them said when he went into the font the water was cold but then when he was coming out from being baptized he didn't even realize he was cold. I am learning the language, but man does it get irritating when I don't fully understand what they are saying and then I don't know exactly what to say in Spanish. Things in my new location are good, it's different, but good. We have people that are progressing which is really nice! In my last area, we hardly had any people progressing, but we still shared the gospel with them, so they were at least aware of this great church. This week we had the opportunity to go and help two missionaries in the hospital. They just had visits, but each time they have to go to the hospital the nurse has to go with them. It's a two and a half hour bus ride to get to the hospital. The nurse is usually in a different area which is like a half hour away, but the President moved my companion a couple transfers ago to this area. I don't know if I will get moved closer later on or what will happen. It took up our whole P day. We got our grocery shopping done in 10 minutes and we were out the door by 5:00 to go teach people. The Lord really helped us to be able to do this work and be obedient. I have had a few times where I have answered the call for nursing and helping the missionaries. I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve and bring these people of Guatemala into the Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment