GUATEMALA GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL MISSION

GUATEMALA GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL MISSION

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Survival Mode in CCM

I survived a week in the CCM!! Yay! Sometimes it feels like its been forever that I have been in here, but then again it has gone by fast. My companion is great! We met at the Salt Lake Airport and found out we were going to the same mission and then got to the CCM and found out that we will be companions. We get along great and have had many spiritual moments together. I love this gospel! I definitely can say that I can tell that I am three plus years older than them. sometimes I have to get them back on task, but we get through it. I have the best CCM teacher ever! He teaches so well and knows so much about the gospel. He asks us really deep questions and it really makes me think. He always tells us that we need to ponder about it and that we will get our answer. Learning the language is a struggle but it's coming. We practice practice practice! We have an investigator that we are teaching (which we started teaching him the second day we got here and had no idea what we were doing). Tonight is our last night teaching him and then we pass him onto the missionaries that are in his area. We have had so many spiritual experiences with him. It's been amazing teaching him, he is so ready for this gospel and is really thinking about being baptized. Sunday felt like just another day besides partaking of the sacrament. My companion and I taught a lesson in district class which was really good actually. One of the Elders said that he could really tell that it was something we believed in because we taught it with passion. It was on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I can definitely say that I am getting out of my comfort zone here and it really hasn't been that big of a deal. I get nervous but I just do it. I met the Area Medical Advisors wife in Relief Society and she got soooo excited when I told her that I will be the nurse for the central mission. She brought her husband over to me in sacrament so that I could meet him. He was way nice and excited to meet me too. Today we had the opportunity to go to the temple here which is right down the street from the CCM. The temple was so great!! I love it! It is a really small temple but man is it pretty just like any other temple. So wonderful! It felt amazing to sit in the Celestial room and just ponder and have it be soo quiet. Definitely felt the spirit then. I LOVE this gosepl. It is so wonderful and great! I am glad that I am here in this CCM so that I can be pushed into the language with people who know some English but Spanish is their first language. THE GOSPEL IS TRUE!!!! Love, Hermana Newman.

No comments:

Post a Comment