GUATEMALA GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL MISSION

GUATEMALA GUATEMALA CITY CENTRAL MISSION

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Another Great Week

This week has been great as well. There are those days that are kind of tough and hard to learn this language but I am just hoping that it comes to me. I can tell that it is getting better as time goes by. People say that it takes like 600 hours to become fluent, so we are working hard at it. We have just been teaching and practicing. My teachers are amazing and I truely love having them as my teachers because they know how to teach and know about the doctrine. They help me out soooo much and it makes me want to work harder to learn more about the gospel, so that when I go out and teach that I teach with the understanding of the gospel. Sunday, was such a good day!! I definitely felt the spirit so much. I mean all day was filled with church just like any other day here. Sacrament was great, one of the Elders sang I Need Thee Every Hour and WOW was it beautiful. It was what I needed because I do know that I need Him every hour. We also watched The Testaments as well as Legacy which both of those are great movies. We listened to a devotional by Elder Bednar and that was wonderful. He talked about how we need to make sure that our investigators learn and not necessarily that we are good teachers because we need to be teaching by the spirit. Thats definitely what I have to work on is just letting the Holy Ghost take over and let the words come out of my mouth. It was really what I needed to hear because at times there are periods of discouragement because the language isn't coming and its hard, because you want to express yourself to the people you teach, but you can't figure out how to put it into Spanish. I know I could tell them a lot more of how I felt about the gospel if it was in English, but I am doing my best at Spanish and praying and having faith that it will come. Thats about all that I have this week but will have more next week because it will be next wednesday when I write again. Because we are going to the market. We are writing today because there is no time tomorrow. We are going to the TEMPLE as well. YAY!!!!!!! Hermana Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment